04/06/2021 Delta Electronics Inc.
The three-phase string inverter with 140 kVA offers a peak efficiency of 99.1 percent and is now quieter.
Delta, a leading global provider of energy and thermal management solutions, today announced the launch of its Generation 2 Solar String Inverter M125HV, an updated version of its popular 140kVA inverter for large, floor-mounted photovoltaic arrays. The M125HV Gen2 offers the same maximum performance as its predecessor, but now works with a quieter level of 71.5 dB (A) and still offers a peak efficiency of 99.1 percent.
Strong performance, less noise
The M125HV Gen2 accepts input voltages between 860 and 1500 volts direct current with a maximum sporadic voltage of 1600 volts. Up to 20 strings can be connected via Amphenol connectors, for example in the context of floor-mounted installations on a utility scale. The peak efficiency of 99.1 percent ensures high yields. By accepting high input voltages, the latest Delta inverter can reduce the amount of power cables to be carried, allowing installers to use smaller gauge cables and minimize energy losses.
"The M125HV Gen2 contains everything that made the Gen1 so popular with customers, but is now even quieter," said Andreas Hoischen, Senior Director of the Photovoltaic Inverter Division at Delta EMEA.
Robust, safe, durable
Intelligent cooling combines natural convection with quiet active ventilation. The M125HV Gen2 has degree of protection IP65 and uses type 2 surge protection devices on the input and output side. Avoiding the use of electrolytic capacitors can result in a longer service life.
The M125HV Gen2 at a glance
• Peak efficiency of 99.1 percent
• Up to 20 strings via Amphenol connectors
• Remote control and monitoring via fieldbus
• Type 2 surge protection pre-installed on the input and output side
• Aluminum housing with protection class IP65
• Terminal box of protection class II and robust screw terminals on the AC side
• All-in-one design with two mechanical DC disconnectors
• No electrolytic capacitors
• Pro-EL function (electroluminescence)
• Data point acquisition to monitor character strings and create I-V curves
• Reactive power around the clock
• Anti-PID technology
• Sunspec compatible
The updated M125HV Gen2 inverter will be available from Delta in selected European countries from the 1st quarter of 2021.
Request FREE information about the products in this article from the supplier
Login or register
Process and Control Today is not responsible for the content of submitted or externally produced articles and images. Click here to email us about any errors or omissions in this article.